Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tangled Birthday Party

My little baby turned three a couple weeks ago.  And, like many little girls her age, she requested a Tangled birthday party.  I love the movie, so I was more than happy to oblige!  There are so many great ideas for this birthday found online.  I used many of them and am happy to share my sources!


 We started by hanging hair our of our own tower.  You can't tell from this picture, but our house has a rotunda style entry that looks like a tower.  Of course Rapunzel would let down her hair for all of our guests!  This was LONG hair.  It took about two skeins of yarn to make.  Loved it.  


The decor continued inside with about 2 dozen pink and lavender balloons displayed about the room.  The balloons represented the floating lanterns.  Had I thought of it earlier, I could have made the balloons into lanterns, but for 3 year olds, this worked great!  I made pink cupcakes with green frosting, and applied paper scrap booking flowers to the top.  Simple!

You can see in the picture that there is a banner hanging.  I couldn't get a great picture of the garland, but it essentially looks like the one in the town square.  I cut little purple triangles, and applied a golden sun using this template.


The table was set with Rapunzel coloring pages, from here.  The perfect thing for little girls to do as they arrived.

 The party food was based on the movie as well.  Of course we served Hazelnut soup, which I loved (maybe not the little girls so much), bread with cheese or jam, fruit, and blue jello with boats.  (I borrowed the jello idea but can't remember where I saw it to give credit!)  I think the kids liked the jello part!
 
I gave each girl a canvas and a set of paints for their favor and to use as part of the activity.  I think the girls really did enjoy painting, and I loved that they could take the canvas home and hang it up in their room.  I love kids art in the house!  I of course didn't get a picture, but I labeled each set of paints with the phrase, "Rapunzel's Paints".

The most exciting part of the day was the pretty hair and makeup.  I asked my two darling friends, Tricia and Lynsee, to style each girls hair in a princess "do".  They are both phenomenal hair dressers so I knew they would be up to the task.  All the girls looked amazing!  I made flowers (I glued the same flowers I used for the cupcakes onto bobby pins) for their hair so they could look like Rapunzel.

As the girls got ready to go, each took a balloon "lantern" to release.  I told them all to make a wish too, but I think they all just got excited to let go of their balloons and forgot.
I had a fun time and I hope all the little girls did too! 
This was the best picture I got when I asked all the little ladies to smile at me.  Hilarious.

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic party! You know how to make little girls feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty girly party! I love it. Looks like you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful princess. So fun! I loved your idea of Rapunzel's hair hanging out of your turret - now I wish I had a turret. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi this is SO cute! I love all the details and I'm sure your little Rapunzel loved every minute of it. You are the crafty one my friend! I love the cupcakes and her outfit!

    ReplyDelete