Thursday, April 14, 2011

Where have you been Ikea?

I have been wanting a new area rug for some time because I really just hated the one I had.  I hated it so much, I decided to throw it in the trash when my husband was out of town.  This would not have been possible if he was present.  BUT, since he wasn't, it was gone before he arrived home.  Please don't think I'm telling you to go behind your husband's back to get what you want.  It was just necessary in this situation.  Anywho, Heidi reminded me that we have a great, inexpensive, gigantic store just 1 hour away that I completely forgot about.  Ikea.

I had not stepped foot in an Ikea in over 3 years.  My middle child, who is now 6, was not even potty trained the last time we went.  This was his first experience in the childcare and I was bummed to find out that they no longer allow for 2 hours of childcare.  Nope, just 1 hour.  How is it possible to get through there in under an hour?  It's not.

I went to Ikea for one item.  This great area rug pictured above.  I think my husband was a bit concerned when I showed it to him, because he would not help me pull it down and put the huge roll in the cart.  That's quite alright, because when I want something I'm perfectly happy doing it myself!  This is now neatly placed under my antique coffee table in my front room.  I love it!  The feel of the entire room is so happy!  I think my husband is on board too.  If you need a little happiness in your room, check out Ikea's area rugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment