Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dreaming about sweets!

I think it's quite obvious what Heidi and I have been thinking about lately.  Really, what girl doesn't dream of cupcakes and chocolate?  If there is one out there, I wish I was you!

I have a dream of owning a bakery.  I really would love to go to Pastry School, but it's just not in the plans right now.  Who knows, maybe in the next few years?  In the meantime, I really want to add this book to my collection of recipe books.   

I love baking!  I get it from my mother.  It is definitely in my top 5 favorite activities.  Sitting in the movie theatre with a popcorn and soda is also in the top 5.  Why does everything include food in my top 5?  Anyway, I am hoping this book can take my baking to the next level.  I really want to be able to create my own recipes and understand what the purpose is of each ingredient in my recipe. 

I will own a bakery someday, mark my words!  I am slowly trying to convince my husband of this fact.  The problem is, I've had so many ideas of things I've wanted to do that my husband no longer takes any of them seriously.  Just wait...it will come!  It will.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE to bake! I would rather bake than cook. I also have a dream of owning a little cupcake bakery. Its always been on the back of my mind. I wish money was not the issue, but isnt it always?!!? What would you name your bakery??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what I will name my bakery! I think about it everyday and I haven't fallen in love with a name yet. I assume it's like naming my children. When the name is right, I will know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynsee - would you let me make something for your bakery? I don't want to run the bakery, I just want to bake beautiful things and join your staff. Just keep me in mind when it happens:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love baking...something that reminds me of "home" and aprons!

    ReplyDelete